'Beauty and the Geek' could go to MTV
Network in negotiations for celebrity version of the series
The CW's former reality show "Beauty and the Geek" is in negotiations to move to MTV.
MTV wants a celebrity version of the show, where average geeks compete for semi-famous vixens. Although the deal is not complete, things are far enough along for producers to have started casting.
Sources said the celebrity girls probably will be at the star-wattage level of former "Real World" contestants and Playboy Playmates. Fox 21, Katalyst Films and 3 Ball Prods. produce the show, with Ashton Kutcher, Jason Goldberg and Nick Santora as executive producers.
If the show is greenlighted for a sixth season, MTV would be the third network to carry the title. "Geek" launched on the WB Network in 2005, then moved to the CW for Season 2 after the network merged with UPN in 2006.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Ian Somerhalder Sings Smokey Robinson Classic in 'Esquire China' Behind the Scene Video - Watch Now!
- 'Glee'Actor Harry Shum Jr. is Engaged to Girlfriend Shelby Rabara!
- Nicole Richie Proudly Rocks New Purple Hair at Lunch with Joel Madden!
- Zooey Deschanel's 'New Girl' & Mindy Kaling's 'Mindy Project' Get Early Renewals From Fox!