'Beauty' gets sing-along rerelease
Disney's animated musical to hit theaters Sept. 29 and Oct. 2
"Grease" has greased the way for a new sing-along rerelease from Disney, this time involving its animated musical feature "Beauty and the Beast."
The Burbank studio rang up more than $305,000 from a couple dozen "Grease Sing-a-long" runs in July and August. National CineMedia's Fathom alternative-programming unit is a partner in the latest plans, which will see an HD 2D restoration of "Beauty" unspool in sing-along form in a limited number of theaters Sept. 29 and Oct. 2.
Disney is expected to rerelease "Beauty" in 3D in 2012 after postponing the 3D rerelease from a previous 2011 slot.
The theatrical sing-alongs are products of the studio's home entertainment division. As with the earlier project, Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment will rerelease the sing-along "Beauty" once it has completed its brief theatrical excursion.
"This is a very exciting release for the company as one of America's most cherished animated musicals is diligently restored and rereleased to all new heights in high definition," WDSHE executive vp Lori MacPherson said.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)