Beck Media Acquires Eddie Michaels' Insignia Public Relations
Insignia founder Eddie Michaels will join Todd Beck's Santa Monica office, with Michaels' clients, including Illumination, Bento Box and YRF Entertainment, expected to follow.
Beck Media & Marketing has acquired Insignia Public Relations.
As part of the deal, Insignia founder Eddie Michaels will join founder Todd Beck's Santa Monica office, with Michaels clients, including Illumination, Bento Box and YRF Entertainment, expected to follow. The pair was introduced by long-tenured Beck Media exec Steve Spignese, who worked with Michaels earlier in his career.
“Eddie brings top-level client relationships at a number of great companies, impeccable PR skills, and particularly deep experience promoting filmmakers,” said Beck in a statement. “He’s a proven leader with a great reputation in the industry and I know he will fit into our existing team seamlessly as we continue to grow.”
Added Michaels: “As my clients have found ever greater success and growth in their businesses, I knew I needed a first-class infrastructure to support my continued work on their behalf. My old friend Steve introduced me to Todd, and I was immediately impressed with the energy, capabilities and quality of their operation. We are like-minded in our commitment to client service and results, and our areas of expertise are highly complementary."
Michaels founded Eddie Michaels & Associates, which was later named Insignia, in 1992. The firm counts directors Jonathan Mostow and Andy Tennant as well as actors Noah Wyle and Lou Diamond Phillips, among its clients. Insignia was hired by Two and a Half Men actor Angus T. Jones following the release of his controversial video late last month.
Beck's PR and marketing company, which has offices on both coasts, dates back to 2000. With the addition of Insignia, the firm will now represent independent feature film production companies and financiers who are funding a wide range of content as well as a select group of directors, producers and actors.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama
- 'X-Men' Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underage Boy
- Jennifer Lopez is a Sexy Slice of Orange on 'American Idol'!
- Mila Kunis & Olivia Wilde Take Us on an Emotional Roller Coaster in 'Third Person' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Justin Bieber Makes Time to Show His Gratitude To Fans in Beverly Hills!