Beck Media Acquires Eddie Michaels' Insignia Public Relations
Insignia founder Eddie Michaels will join Todd Beck's Santa Monica office, with Michaels' clients, including Illumination, Bento Box and YRF Entertainment, expected to follow.
Beck Media & Marketing has acquired Insignia Public Relations.
As part of the deal, Insignia founder Eddie Michaels will join founder Todd Beck's Santa Monica office, with Michaels clients, including Illumination, Bento Box and YRF Entertainment, expected to follow. The pair was introduced by long-tenured Beck Media exec Steve Spignese, who worked with Michaels earlier in his career.
“Eddie brings top-level client relationships at a number of great companies, impeccable PR skills, and particularly deep experience promoting filmmakers,” said Beck in a statement. “He’s a proven leader with a great reputation in the industry and I know he will fit into our existing team seamlessly as we continue to grow.”
Added Michaels: “As my clients have found ever greater success and growth in their businesses, I knew I needed a first-class infrastructure to support my continued work on their behalf. My old friend Steve introduced me to Todd, and I was immediately impressed with the energy, capabilities and quality of their operation. We are like-minded in our commitment to client service and results, and our areas of expertise are highly complementary."
Michaels founded Eddie Michaels & Associates, which was later named Insignia, in 1992. The firm counts directors Jonathan Mostow and Andy Tennant as well as actors Noah Wyle and Lou Diamond Phillips, among its clients. Insignia was hired by Two and a Half Men actor Angus T. Jones following the release of his controversial video late last month.
Beck's PR and marketing company, which has offices on both coasts, dates back to 2000. With the addition of Insignia, the firm will now represent independent feature film production companies and financiers who are funding a wide range of content as well as a select group of directors, producers and actors.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing