Becki Newton commits to NBC's 'Love Bites'
Actress in hot demand since 'Ugly Betty' is being canceled
Pilot season's most sought-after comedy actress Becki Newton has committed to star in NBC's dramedy pilot "Love Bites."
"Ugly Betty" standout Newton had been in hot demand since ABC announced last month that "Betty" is being canceled.
She received 11 offers, ultimately settling on "Love Bites."
The romantic dramedy, from "Sex and the City" alumna Cindy Chupack, is in the vein of anthology series "Love, American Style" and chronicles several loosely connected, modern stories of love, sex, marriage and dating.
Newton will play one of two permanent cast members, Annie, an optimistic, infectiously bubbly social worker who is a virgin.
Newton is repped by Gersh and Management 360.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR