Fox Orders Becki Newton Vehicle From 'How I Met Your Mother' Creators
"Goodwin Games" centers on three siblings who reconnect after the death of their father.
Fox is moving forward with Carter Bays and Craig Thomas.
The network has greenlighted Goodwin Games, the How I Met Your Mother pair's single-camera comedy project starring pilot season darling Becki Newton, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The half-hour entry, which hails from 20th Century Fox TV, revolves around three siblings -- one of which the Ugly Betty star will play -- who reconnect after the death of their father. Bays and Thomas join Mother executive producer Chris Harris as writers and EPs on the project.
Nearly a year ago, CBS picked up How I Met Your Mother, which also hails from 20th TV, where Bays, Thomas and Harris are based, for two additional seasons. The long-running Monday night comedy, which has seen its ratings spike in recent months, hit the 150-episode mark last month.
Newton, who is currently guesting on Mother, Bays and Thomas are repped by UTA. Harris is repped by CAA.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'