Beekhuyzen Replaces Verbeek on War Drama 'Suskind'
'The Borgias' Actress bows out due to ill health.
COLOGNE, Germany - Actress Nyncke Beekhuyzen has come in as a last minute replacement for Lotte Verbeek in Rudolf van den Berg's war drama Suskind.
Verbeek, who appears as Giulia Farnese in Showtime's The Borgias, had to bow out of the production because of ill health. The production is currently shooting in the Netherlands.
Suskind tells the true story of Walter Suskind, a member of the Jewish Council of Amsterdam who tricked the Nazis to save thousands of Jewish children from deportation to the death camps. Austrian actor Karl Markovics, (The Counterfeiters, Unknown) stars as Suskind. Beekhyzen will play his wife Hanna. Beekhyzen is best-know as a TV actress in Holland and has starred in several hit local series. Suskind is being produced by San Fu Maltha of Fu Works, Jeroen Koolbergen of Candenza Films and Reinier Selen.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)