Beekhuyzen Replaces Verbeek on War Drama 'Suskind'
'The Borgias' Actress bows out due to ill health.
COLOGNE, Germany - Actress Nyncke Beekhuyzen has come in as a last minute replacement for Lotte Verbeek in Rudolf van den Berg's war drama Suskind.
Verbeek, who appears as Giulia Farnese in Showtime's The Borgias, had to bow out of the production because of ill health. The production is currently shooting in the Netherlands.
Suskind tells the true story of Walter Suskind, a member of the Jewish Council of Amsterdam who tricked the Nazis to save thousands of Jewish children from deportation to the death camps. Austrian actor Karl Markovics, (The Counterfeiters, Unknown) stars as Suskind. Beekhyzen will play his wife Hanna. Beekhyzen is best-know as a TV actress in Holland and has starred in several hit local series. Suskind is being produced by San Fu Maltha of Fu Works, Jeroen Koolbergen of Candenza Films and Reinier Selen.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack