Bel-Air Canyon Land Hits the Market for $125 Million
The property, a 258-plus acre spread, is Los Angeles' most expensive public listing.
A Bel-Air property has just been listed for $125 million -- and it doesn’t even include a house.
The parcel is a whopping 258-plus acres of open land. Listed Monday at 0 Bel Air Canyon, the property stretches between Linda Flora Drive and Sepulveda. Curbed LA reports that it represents more than 6 percent of the total land in the Bel-Air neighborhood.
It’s also the priciest property publicly listed in Los Angeles (surpassing a residence known as the Beverly House, listed at $115 million). A smattering of Los Angeles properties are floating asking prices above $100 million, such as the Fleur de Lys mansion up for $125 million and the historic Owlwood Estate, said to be going for $150 million.
The Bel-Air land offers "ultimate and limitless development opportunity," reads the listing. Some observers think that could mean building a massive housing compound, which could bring controversy to the area, as Saudi Prince Abdulaziz ibn Abdullah ibn Abdulaziz al Saud has planned in Benedict Canyon, drawing the ire of CAA co-founder Michael Ovitz and others. The buyer also will join a new neighbor — Rupert Murdoch purchased the nearby Moraga Vineyards Estate in May.
The listing is held by Aaron Kirman of John Aaroe Group.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)