Bella Thorne to Star Opposite Kyra Sedgwick in Thriller 'Big Sky'
The film marks Mexican filmmaker Jorge Michel Grau's English-language debut.
MEXICO CITY – Disney star Bella Thorne and Emmy winner Kyra Sedgwick have landed lead roles in the thriller Big Sky, Mexican filmmaker Jorge Michel Grau's English-language feature-film debut.
Indie producer Manis Film announced that the picture will also feature Frank Grillo (Zero Dark Thirty) and Aaron Tveit (Les Miserables). Shooting begins this week in New Mexico.
Based on an original screenplay by Evan Wiener (Monogamy), Big Sky is described as a "neo-Hitchcockian thriller" that turns on a mother and daughter who are forced to fight for their lives under harsh conditions.
Manis is producing with Matthew Salloway and Christina Papagjika (The Butler). Executive producers are Killer Films' Christine Vachon (Mildred Pierce) and TBD Syndicate's Jeffrey Mandel (Murderball). Benaroya Pictures is co-financing the film.
Voltage Pictures (The Hurt Locker) is representing foreign rights, with Creative Artists Agency and Manis co-representing domestic.
Grau wrote and directed the original Spanish-language horror movie Somos lo que Hay (We Are What We Are) and co-wrote the recent English-lingo remake, directed by Jim Mickle.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game