Ben Affleck in 'Argo': First Official Image Released (Photo)
The actor is directing and starring in the Warner Bros. thriller, which is set for a Sept. 2012 release and also stars Alan Arkin, Bryan Cranston and John Goodman.
The first photo of Ben Affleck's upcoming political thriller Argo has been released.
The Warner Bros. film, which Affleck is both directing and starring in, centers around a CIA plot to free hostages taken by the Iranian government in 1979.
Affleck plays Tony Mendez, a CIA "exfiltration" specialist, who developed a plan to free six Americans who were able to escape from the U.S. Embassy in Tehran while it was under attack from Iranian militants.
The actor's look for the film, which includes 70s style clothing, shaggy hair and a beard, has been creating Internet chatter since paparazzi shots of him on-set were taken in Sept.
The film is set for a Sept. 14, 2012 release, and also stars a slew of Hollywood's finest, including, Alan Arkin, Bryan Cranston and John Goodman, as well as Kerry Bishe, Kyle Chandler, Rory Cochrane, Christopher Denham, Tate Donovan, Clea DuVall, Victor Garber, Zeljko Ivanek,Richard Kind, Scoot McNairy, Chris Messina, Michael Parks and Taylor Schilling.
Affleck is producing alongside George Clooney and Grant Heslov.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR