Ben Affleck Drops Out of Warners Heist Movie 'Focus'
Kristen Stewart remains attached to the heist movie project.
Ben Affleck has dropped out of Focus, a Warner Bros project that would have teamed the hot actor-filmmaker with Kristen Stewart.
Focus, which John Requa and Glenn Ficarra (Crazy Stupid Love) are writing and directing, is a two-hander about a con man who becomes romantically involved with a novice. He is then thrown off his game when the former flame shows up just as he’s staging an elaborate con in Buenos Aires.
Affleck would have played the con man opposite Stewart’s novice.
But now it’s back to the drawing board for the male lead.
Sources confirm that Affleck has bowed out because of too many commitments. He is making Warners’ adaptation of Dennis Lehane’s Prohibition Era novel Live by Night, which he is to direct, write and star, his next priority. On top of that are his attachments to several other projects such as an adaptation of The Stand.
Piled on top of that is the heavy awards season schedule for Argo, which is one of the top movies of the year and most assuredly an Oscar contender.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game