Ben Affleck Drops Out of Warners Heist Movie 'Focus'
Kristen Stewart remains attached to the heist movie project.
Ben Affleck has dropped out of Focus, a Warner Bros project that would have teamed the hot actor-filmmaker with Kristen Stewart.
Focus, which John Requa and Glenn Ficarra (Crazy Stupid Love) are writing and directing, is a two-hander about a con man who becomes romantically involved with a novice. He is then thrown off his game when the former flame shows up just as he’s staging an elaborate con in Buenos Aires.
Affleck would have played the con man opposite Stewart’s novice.
But now it’s back to the drawing board for the male lead.
Sources confirm that Affleck has bowed out because of too many commitments. He is making Warners’ adaptation of Dennis Lehane’s Prohibition Era novel Live by Night, which he is to direct, write and star, his next priority. On top of that are his attachments to several other projects such as an adaptation of The Stand.
Piled on top of that is the heavy awards season schedule for Argo, which is one of the top movies of the year and most assuredly an Oscar contender.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills