Ben Affleck Eyeing Role in Baz Luhrmann's 'Great Gatsby'
The actor is in talks to join Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire and Carey Mulligan in the adaptation but first has to work out a scheduling conflict with his movie "Argo."
Ben Affleck is in talks to join Baz Luhrmann's all-star adaptation of The Great Gatsby, which the Australian director is making for Warner Bros.
Leonardo DiCaprio is pegged to play the wealthy and mysterious Jay Gatsby, while Tobey Maguire is playing Nick Carraway, who in the novel is the narrator. Carey Mulligan is playing Gatsby's love, Daisy Buchanan, who is married to a wealthy chap named Tom Buchanan.
Affleck is interested in tackling the role of Buchanan except there's a hitch: scheduling.
Affleck, repped by WME, has set his sights as his next directorial effort the political thriller Argo, which would shoot in September. Gatsby, which Luhrmann is filming in 3D, is readying for principal photography to begin in August.
Both sides are trying to see if the dates can be worked out.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR