Ben Affleck to Receive Honorary Degree From Brown University
The "Argo" director will be one of six honorees at a May 26 ceremony.
Ben Affleck is becoming Dr. Ben Affleck.
The director of the Oscar-winning film Argo will receive an honorary degree from Brown University at the May 26 graduation ceremonies.
Affleck, 40, will receive a Doctor of Fine Arts from the Rhode Island Ivy League school. He will be one of six honorees at the event.
The other honorees are Junot Díaz, author and editor; Stanley Falkow, bacteriologist; Beverly Wade Hogan, president of Tougaloo College; Risa Lavizzo-Mourey, physician and foundation president; and Eduardo J. Padron, president of Miami Dade College.
Affleck's Argo won best picture at the 2013 Academy Awards, and he won the Golden Globe Award, BAFTA and Directors Guild Award for best director. He stars in Terrence Malick's film To the Wonder and toplines the upcoming thriller Runner Runner.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws