Ben Affleck in Talks to Star in Warners' Heist Project 'Focus'
The film hails from "Crazy, Stupid, Love" writer-directors John Requa and Glenn Ficarra.
Just days before his much-buzzed about Warner Bros. drama Argo opens, Ben Affleck has entered talks with the studio to star in the heist project Focus, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Denise Di Novi is producing along with John Requa and Glenn Ficarra, who are also directing and writing. (The duo last year helmed the studio’s dramedy Crazy, Stupid, Love.)
Focus is a two-hander about a con man who becomes romantically involved with a novice. He is then thrown off his game when the former flame shows up just as he’s staging an elaborate con in Buenos Aires.
Affleck is Warners’ crush du season, as he stars in and directed Argo, which has been generating a lot of awards buzz and acclaim ahead of its Friday opening.
Affleck is as busy as ever these days, on both sides of the camera. He next stars with Justin Timberlake in Runner Runner, a gambling drama being released next summer by Fox, and is attached to star in Nathan Decker, a political comedy written by Crazy, Stupid, Love's Dan Fogelman that is seeking a director.
Affleck is attached to direct the adaptation of Stephen King’s epic novel The Stand as well as an English remake of the French thriller Tell No One.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed