Ben Affleck Speechless in Terrence Malick's 'To the Wonder' Trailer (Video)
The director's latest effort, which induced polarizing reactions in Venice, co-stars Rachel McAdams, Olga Kurylenko and Javier Bardem.
The trailer for Terrence Malick's To the Wonder sees a silent Ben Affleck navigating dramatic romances with Rachel McAdams and Olga Kurylenko amid narration by Javier Bardem.
As it happens, the Argo director (and one of Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating People of 2012, along with Honey Boo Boo) barely speaks in the movie.
"The experience of it seemed half-crazy in that we didn't really have dialogue, so I didn't really know what was happening," Affleck recently told GQ. "Then I realized that he was accumulating colors that he would use to paint with later in the editing room. My character doesn't really do that much."
To the Wonder first screened earlier this year at the Venice International Film Festival, inducing polarized reactions (including some boos) and prompting THR film critic Todd McCarthy to dub the film "an impressionistic mish-mash" in his review.
In September, Magnolia Pictures acquired U.S. rights to the romantic drama, slated for release next year.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws