Ben Folds Five Reunites for New Album, Announces Spring Release
The trio’s frontman spilled the news via Twitter, sharing a photo from the studio with fans.
Ben Folds Five is back in the studio.
The singer and pianist announced on Twitter that he and bandmates Robert Sledge and Darren Jessee are currently working on a fourth Ben Folds Five album, and that fans can expect a spring release.
“It’s happening fo sho – Day 1 in studio with Robert and Darren through March,” the musician wrote, adding the hashtag: #NewBenFoldsFiveRecord.
The album will be the group’s first since 1999’s The Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Messner, their third studio album. Shortly following its release, the trio announced a split in 2000. Following the band’s breakup, Folds pursued a solo career including several releases -- perhaps most notably, 2001’s Rockin’ the Suburbs. In 2010, Folds released a collaborative album with English novelist Nick Hornby titled Lonely Avenue.
Details regarding Ben Folds Five’s next album are still sparse, but are expected to be forthcoming via the singer’s Twitter page.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws