Ben Silverman's Electus to Shop Global Format Rights for 'Canada's Smartest Person'
The sales arm will handle distribution of the CBC reality competition series, in which four finalists undergo challenges.
TORONTO - Ben Silverman’s Electus International has picked up the worldwide distribution rights to the CBC reality series Canada’s Smartest Person.
The Electus distribution arm will shop the international format rights to the Canadian TV competition series, in which four finalists face different challenges such as improvising a speech with random words or deciphering a musical mystery.
Canada’s Smartest Person was produced by Media Headquarters, in association with CBC Television and Group M Entertainment.
The reality series was created and executive produced by Robert Cohen, and also utilizes social media by inviting viewers via an interactive app to go head-to-head with finalists on their smart phones, tablets or home computers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR