Ben Silverman's Electus Acquires Engine Entertainment
The firm is using the purchase to form new global distribution arm Electus/Engine Distribution.
NEW YORK - Ben Silverman's multimedia studio Electus, a business of Barry Diller's IAC, has acquired Engine Entertainment and formed in-house global distribution arm Electus/Engine Distribution.
Financial terms weren't disclosed.
The new division will handle worldwide sales for Electus' content across television, film and digital.
Engine Entertainment CEO Chris Philip will assume the role of president of the distribution arm.
Said Electus CEO Silverman: "The content distribution business is changing, and I believe Chris and his team are a force in international TV distribution with top-level experience in the global TV industry that will prove to be a huge asset to Electus."
Electus and Engine had already worked together on content creation and distribution.
Said Philip: “In a very competitive landscape for fresh ideas and product, this deal now puts us at the front of the line.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack