Ben Stiller to Receive BAFTA Los Angeles Britannia Award
Alan Cumming will host the event on November 30.
Ben Stiller will receive BAFTA Los Angeles’ Charlie Chaplin Britannia Award for Excellence in Comedy at the awards event on Wednesday, November 30, at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
“Ben Stiller is a master of comedy who, just like the legendary filmmaker for whom this award is named, embodies the remarkable multi-hyphenate talents of actor, writer, director and producer,” says Nigel Lythgoe, Chairman of BAFTA Los Angeles.
Tony winning actor Alan Cumming will host the event, which will also feature awards to actress Helena Bonham Carter, who will receive the Britannia Award for British Artist of the Year, John Lasseter, who will be honored with the Britannia Award for Worldwide Contribution to Filmed Entertainment, and David Yates, who will be recognized with the John Schlesinger Britannia Award for Excellence in Directing.
The recipient of the Stanley Kubrick Britannia Award for Excellence in Film will be announced soon.
The Britannia Awards are BAFTA Los Angeles’ highest accolade, a celebration of achievements honoring individuals who have dedicated their careers to advancing the entertainment arts.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)