Benedict Cumberbatch Can Now Pronounce You Man and Wife
The newly ordained "Sherlock" and "Star Trek" star will officiate a marriage in Ibiza, he tells THR. "I really know how to do weddings now. And I'm available!"
This story first appeared in the Aug. 2 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Benedict Cumberbatch, Emmy-nominated for HBO's Parade's End, can do almost anything onscreen, including playing a villain in Star Trek Into Darkness, Sherlock Holmes, Wikileaks' Julian Assange in October's The Fifth Estate and mathematician Alan Turing in the upcoming The Imitation Game.
Looks like he can do almost anything in life, too: He's now off to Ibiza for a wedding -- that he'll conduct.
"Two friends of mine are getting married," he explains, "and they really wanted a friend to perform the ceremony. So I went on the Internet and got ordained. I really know how to do weddings now! And I'm available!"
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical