Benedict Cumberbatch Is a Bloody Mess in 'Little Favour' Teaser
First-time director Patrick Victor Monroe raised three times his Indiegogo goal thanks to the star's support of the Iraq War-themed thriller.
He's been a spy, a sleuth, a Star Trek villain, and the saboteur behind WikiLeaks. Now, Benedict Cumberbatch is going to be the guy on the wrong end of a punch, courtesy of first-time director Patrick Victor Monroe. Fans of the actor, beware: His unique mug is all bloodied up in the first trailer for Little Favour.
The short film follows Wallace (Cumberbatch), a former British military officer who is contacted by James (Nick Moran of Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels and the Harry Potter series), the American counterpart who saved his life during the Iraq war. Just as Wallace begins to overcome PTSD and put his life back together, James requests payback.
Taken by Monroe's material, Cumberbatch attached himself to the project early on in the director's Indiegogo campaign. The goal was set at £25,000 ($40,000). With Cumberbatch acting as a major selling point, Monroe's film topped off at £86,240 ($138,000).
Little Favour is a production of Cumberbatch's SunnyMarch Ltd.. It is currently weighing distribution options while in post-production.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game