Benedict Cumberbatch Wants to Meet WikiLeaks Founder He'll Portray Onscreen
The "Sherlock" star tells THR that Julian Assange "knows we're making the movie."
This story first appeared in the Feb. 1 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Television’s Sherlock star Benedict Cumberbatch has gotten into a bad-guy groove, playing Khan in the upcoming Star Trek Into Darkness and Smaug in the next Hobbit film. But he certainly doesn’t think his lead gig as notorious WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange in The Man Who Sold the World is part of this bent.
“Assange made the most extraordinary contributions to human history by treating the Internet as a democracy,” he tells THR.
So will Cumberbatch meet him?
“I’m certainly trying,” he says. “He knows we’re making the movie -- but how he feels about me playing him, I’m yet to know.”
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Apple Should Have Read The Lyrics Before Putting This Song In An Ad
- 'Noah' Director Darren Aronofsky And Others Talk Faith And Environmentalism (LIVE VIDEO)
- 'The Quiet Ones' Review: Retro Horror Film Is Weighed Down By A Silly Script
- Wrigley Field's Celebrity Singers Ranked From Most Cringe-Worthy To Least