Berlin 2012: Elizabeth Olsen-Glenn Close Period Drama 'Therese Raquin' Takes Shape
David Dinerstein's new company LD Entertainment will distribute the film domestically; Exclusive Media is handling international rights.
BERLIN — Exclusive Media has started shopping Elizabeth Olsen-Glenn Close starrer Therese Raquin to foreign buyers, while David Dinerstein's new venture LD Entertainment will distribute the period drama domestically.
Harry Potter's Tom Felton also will star in the period drama, which is based on the 19th century play and novel by Emile Zola.
Acclaimed theater director Charlie Stratton will direct the film from his adapted script (he directed the play in 1995 in Los Angeles). He is set to start shooting in the spring.
Set in Paris, the story revolves around a young woman (Olsen) who is unhappily married to her first cousin (Felton), a union arranged by her overbearing aunt and husband's mother (Close). The young woman embarks on an affair with her husband's friend and the two eventually conspire to murder her husband.
Zola's novel was published in 1867, while the play debuted in 1873.
William Horberg and Mickey Liddell are producing Therese.
Exclusive president of international sales and distribution Alex Walton is handling sales in Berlin.
Dinerstein negotiated the rights deal on behalf of LD Entertainment with Walton.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game