Berlin 2012: Mark Ruffalo, Scarlett Johansson Set for 'Can a Song Save Your Life?'
John Carney will write and direct the feel-good romance for Exclusive Media, which will shop the project at the European Film Market.
Mark Ruffalo and Scarlett Johansson are set to star in Can a Song Save Your Life? for Exclusive Media, with John Carney (Once) directing.
Exclusive will produce and finance the feel-good romance and launch the project to foreign buyers at the European Film Market in Berlin.
In the film, Johansson's character moves to New York to pursue her dreams of a singing career. She finds herself all alone, however, when she's dumped by her boyfriend. But her world turns around when a down-on-his-luck record producer (Ruffalo) finds her singing in a local bar.
Anthony Bregman is attached to produce the film, and Judd Apatow is on board as executive producer.
"This is a beautiful and soulful story that we are honored to help John bring to life," Exclusive head of production Tobin Armbrust said.
Carney will work with Grammy-winning songwriter Gregg Alexander on music for the film.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR