Berlin 2012: Low Budget U.K. Urban Crime Drama 'Riot' With Nick Nevern Looks to Stir Up Interest at the EFM (Exclusive)
Producer Simon Phillips steps behind the camera to direct movie set against the backdrop of 2011's London civil unrest.
Nick Nevern, tipped as a rising star in the U.K., is starring in urban crime thriller Riot, which is being touted to buyers during the European Film Market ahead of a potential debut in Cannes this year.
Directed by British indie producer Simon Phillips, Riot details the story of tough rookie cop who finds himself having to choose between staying loyal to his old soccer hooligan friends or be a policeman.
Set against the backdrop of 2011's social unrest in the British capital, Phillips' micro-budget British indie is shooting in London and at Wimbledon studios. It also counts Kellie Shirley(Run for Your Wife), Jenna Harrison (The Magnificent Eleven), Steven Berkoff (The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo), Charlie Bond (Strippers vs. Werewolves) and Lorraine Stanley (London to Brighton) in the cast.
The film is being shot under new British production banner Chata Pictures.
With his producer hat on, Phillips' resume includes the Jack trilogy of cult hit films, The Last 7 and UFO.
Riot is produced by Jonathan Sothcott, who told THR that Phillips is proving himself to be a "very capable" director.
"An actor himself, he has an empathy with the cast that is drawing out some incredibly powerful performances,” he added.
Phillips and Sothcott are touting the project to buyers and sales agents alike at the EFM.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing