Berlin 2012: Sally Hawkins Joins Paul Giamatti and Paul Rudd In Phil Morrison's 'Lucky Dog'
Based on a script by Melissa James Gibsom, the comedy drama is being repped to buyers by Hanway and UTA during the EFM in Berlin.
Sally Hawkins has teamed with Paul Giamatti and Paul Rudd to star in Lucky Dog, a comedy to be directed by Phil Morrison.
Set to shoot next month on location in NYC, Dan Carey and Elizabeth Giamatti will produce through their Touchy Feely Films banner.
From an original script by Melissa James Gibson, the story revolves around Guy and Rene played by Giamatti and Rudd, billed as two French-Canadian con men.
Their friendship has been a bit strained of late: Guy, recently released from prison, arrives home to find Rene sleeping with his ex-wife. But the hapless pair tries to set differences aside, traveling to the U.S. with a get-rich-quick plan to sell Christmas trees on the streets of New York City.
UK. sales and finance banner HanWay Film is drumming up heat on the project making its international debut to buyers during this year's EFM.
UTA is repping US rights.
The film is being financed by Sidney Kimmel Entertainment, GreeneStreet Films and HanWay.
Sidney Kimmel and Greenstreet’s John Penotti will also produce, with Michael Hogan and Jim Tauber executive producing.
Morrison’s debut film Junebug earned Amy Adams an Oscar nomination.
Dan Carey and Elizabeth Giamatti said in a joint statement, “Phil and these actors are going to do an amazing job, bringing to life a story that Melissa has so beautifully rendered on the page.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!