Berlin 2013: Celluloid Dreams Partners With uConnect on Berlin Slate
The deal will see uConnect take over joint sales responsibility on titles including Noah Baumbach's "Frances Ha," and "Satellite Boy" from Catriona McKenzie.
BERLIN - Celluloid Dreams and uConnect, the sales arm of Belgian film group uMedia, have set up a joint venture that will see the two groups cooperate on sales of Celluloid's new slate at the European Film Market.
The agreement, announced by uConnect’s Peter Rogers and Hengameh Panahi of Celluloid Dreams, will see uConnect take over joint sales responsibility on such Celluloid titles as Noah Baumbach's Frances Ha, screening in Berlin's Panorama sidebar and Satellite Boy from Catriona McKenzie, which bows in the Generation section. Among the other titles included under the deal are Takeshi Kitano's Outrage Beyond, Daniel Algrant's Greetings from Tim Buckley starring Penn Badgley (Gossip Girl) and Imogen Poots and S Craig Zahler’s western horror film Bone Tomahawk starring Timothy Olyphant, Peter Sarsgaard and Kurt Russell.
uConnect's Berlin slate includes Berlin competition title Closed Curtain from Iranian filmmaker Jafar Panahi and Giuseppe Tornatore’s English language drama The Best Offer featuring Geoffrey Rush, Sylvia Hoeks, Jim Sturgess and Donald Sutherland, which is screening as a special gala in Berlin.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty