Berlin 2013: Beta Cinema Picks Up Competition Title 'Child's Pose'
The Romanian drama from director Calin Peter Netzer explores the tension between a dominant mother and her grown son.
BERLIN – German sales group Beta Cinema has picked up world rights for Child's Pose, the new drama from Romanian director Calin Peter Netzer (Maria), which will debut in competition at the Berlin International Film Festival next month.
The feature, about a dominant mother and her grown son, is billed as a portrait of current Romanian society as it struggles with class divides and rampant institutional corruption.
Netzer was born in Romania but grew up in Germany and only returned after the fall of communism in his native country. His debut feature Maria, a social drama set in Romania, was a festival circuit favorite, winning prizes at the Locarno, Cottbus and Sofia international film fests.
Beta will begin selling Child's Pose to international buyers at the European Film Market in Berlin.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR