Berlin 2013: Cinedigm Acquires U.S. Rights to 'The Fruit Hunters' Documentary
Yung Chang's film about exotic fruits and their fanatics features Bill Pullman and comes from the National Film Board of Canada and EyeSteelFilm.
TORONTO -- Cinedigm has acquired the U.S. distribution rights to the the Canadian documentary The Fruit Hunters, from director Yung Chang.
The film, which features Bill Pullman, focuses on exotic fruits and their fanatics and was co-produced by the National Film Board of Canada and Montreal-based EyeSteelFilm.
The Fruit Hunters is screening in Berlin after plays at the International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam and Palm Springs on the festival circuit.
Cinedigm plans a theatrical release in the spring of 2013, followed by a release on VOD, digital and DVD.
Emily Rothschild, director of acquisitions for Cinedigm, negotiated the film deal with Christina Rogers, head of sales at the National Film Board of Canada.
The Fruit Hunters is produced by Bob Moore, Mila Aung-Thwin and Kat Baulu.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR