Berlin 2013: Hanway Films Looks to Scare Up Interest for 'The Guest'
The U.K. sales banner is touting the latest project from horrormeisters Adam Wingard and Simon Barrett during the upcoming European Film Market in Berlin.
Director Adam Wingard and writer Simon Barrett, the horror genre filmmaking double act behind You're Next, are teaming for The Guest.
The script, being touted to buyers at this year's European Film Market in Berlin by U.K. sales banner Hanway Films, details the story of a soldier on leave who befriends the family of a fallen comrade.
But the perfect house guest soon becomes a threat to all around him when it’s revealed he’s hiding dangerous secrets from his past.
L.A.-based production banner Snoot Entertainment, headed by Keith Calder and Jessica Wu, are backing the latest project from Wingard and Barrett with production scheduled to start May 2013 in the U.S.
Calder, Wu and Barrett will produce the genre piece.
It marks the follow-up to Barrett and Wingard's You're Next which unspooled in the Midnight Madness section of the Toronto International Film Festival in 2011.
Lionsgate picked up the project and is scheduled for a wide release in August this year.
The pair are also attached to Dead Spy Running, a project at Warner Brothers.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David