Berlin 2013: Jim Sturgess and Djimon Hounsou Join Nathan Morlando's Political Thriller
The German-U.K. sales and finance banner K5 International is touting "The Lion's Share" to buyers during the EFM.
Jim Sturgess and Djimon Hounsou are set to star in Nathan Morlando's political thriller The Lion's Share.
Being touted to buyers by German-U.K. sales and finance banner K5 International, the movie is co-written by Morlando (Citizen Gangster) and his Euclid 431 Pictures partner and producer Allison Black.
The script details the story of journalist desperate for a game-changing break.
When he travels to Somalia to secure an interview with a notorious pirate, the danger escalates for both men and the interview takes on new stakes as the journalist learns the only way out may be to deliver the head of a man who is both hero and criminal.
The film is scheduled to shoot in September in South Africa and Kenya.
K5 co-founders Oliver Simon and Daniel Baur say Morlando is out to create an "unapologetically commercial" movie.
The deal was inked by Baur on behalf of K5 and Black and Bianca Levin on behalf of Euclid 431.
The movie's partner producer is Genevieve Hofmeyr.
Sturgess and Hounsou are repped by CAA. Morlando is repped by manager Steve Dontanville at Circle of Confusion and Levin at Gang, Tyre, Ramer and Brown.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR