Berlin 2013: Montecristo and Digital Magic Reteam for 'Resilient '
The sci-fi disaster movie from director Michael Taverna stars Virginia Madsen and Robert Beltran.
Montecristo International Entertainment are reteaming with Hong Kong’s Digital Magic for 3-D sci-fi disaster movie Resilient.
Starring Virginia Madsen and Robert Beltran, the Michael Taverna-directed film -- which revolves around a spaceship engineer returning to Earth to save his family from natural catastrophes sweeping the globe -- will begin shooting in Ottawa in April.
The film, which Montecristo is fronting at EFM, has already been pre-sold to the U.K. (Bounty Films), China (Beijing United Power Films Co.), Russia (Big Movie), Australia (Bounty Films), Indonesia (PT Amero Mitra Film), India (One World) and Peru, Bolivia and Colombia (Venus), said the company’s CEO, Cindy Nelson-Mullen.
Montecristo has previously worked with Digital Magic on Taverna’s Apartment 1303 3-D, an adaptation of the Japanese horror film of the same name and starring Mischa Barton and Rebecca De Mornay. The U.S. production company is selling the film at EFM.
Apartment 1303 revolves around a woman’s attempt to investigate suicides that happened at the apartment her sister lived in before her death. For that film, Digital Magic brought a ton of their own equipment from Hong Kong for the film’s Montreal shoot.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR