Berlin 2013: Nicholas Hoult, Michael Shannon, Elle Fanning Join 'Young Ones'
6 Sales and The Exchange are handling sales on the futuristic thriller from director Jake Paltrow.
BERLIN – Warm Bodies star Nicholas Hoult, Boardwalk Empire actor Michael Shannon and young talents Elle Fanning (We Bought a Zoo) and Australia's Kodi Smit-McPhee (The Road) have signed on to star in Young Ones, a futuristic thriller written and directed by Jake Paltrow (The Good Night).
Young Ones is set in a near future where water has become the most precious resource. A 14-year-old boy (Smit-McPhee) is forced to use his wits to protect his family and try and survive in an increasingly violent world.
Tristan Orpen Lynch of Subotica and Spier Films' Michael Auret are producing the feature, which began shooting in South Africa Feb. 1. Spier Films' Laula Fourie is screening in competition at this year's Berlin International Film Festival.
Executive producers of Young Ones are Peter Garde, Marina Fuentes Arredonda, James Atherton, Jan Pace and Brian O'Shea.
O'Shea's The Exchange and Fuentes 6 Sales are handling international sales on the project and are pitching it to buyers at Berlin's EFM. Young Ones has pre-sold to Ascot Elite for Germany, Portugal's Lusomundo, Polar Star for Latin America and Front Row for Middle Eastern territories with Penny Black taking airline rights. UTA is handling North American rights.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR