Berlin 2013: 'Northwest' Sells to U.K., France, Benelux
Michael Noer's crime drama premiered at the International Film Festival Rotterdam.
BERLIN - Northwest, the new crime drama from Danish director Michael Noer has proved a strong seller for TrustNordisk at this year's European Film Market, with a trio of big all-rights deals for the title: with French distributor BAC Films, Arrow Films in the U.K. and Benelux distributor Wild Bunch.
Set in Copenhagen's rough northwest neighborhood, the feature follows two brothers as they fight to climb the ladder of organized crime. Newcomers (and real-life brothers) Gustav Dzekjaer Giese and Oscar Dyekjaer Giese star.
Noer's first feature -- the prison drama R -- was well received and sold strongly worldwide.
Northwest premiered at the International Film Festival Rotterdam before heading to Berlin.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead