Berlin 2013: 'Northwest' Sells to U.K., France, Benelux
Michael Noer's crime drama premiered at the International Film Festival Rotterdam.
BERLIN - Northwest, the new crime drama from Danish director Michael Noer has proved a strong seller for TrustNordisk at this year's European Film Market, with a trio of big all-rights deals for the title: with French distributor BAC Films, Arrow Films in the U.K. and Benelux distributor Wild Bunch.
Set in Copenhagen's rough northwest neighborhood, the feature follows two brothers as they fight to climb the ladder of organized crime. Newcomers (and real-life brothers) Gustav Dzekjaer Giese and Oscar Dyekjaer Giese star.
Noer's first feature -- the prison drama R -- was well received and sold strongly worldwide.
Northwest premiered at the International Film Festival Rotterdam before heading to Berlin.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed