Berlin 2013: Raven Banner Takes Canadian Rights to Don Coscarelli's 'John Dies at the End'
The comic horror pic sees Paul Giamatti play an investigator trailing a street drug that promises an out-of-body experience across dimensions.
TORONTO – Canadian genre distributor Raven Banner has inked a deal with Magnolia Pictures to acquire the Canadian rights to Don Coscarelli's John Dies at the End. The Paul Giamatti-starring comic horror pic screened as part of Sundance Midnight, SXSW Midnight and TIFF Midnight Madness before the Berlin sale this week.
John Dies at the End sees Giamatti play an investigator trailing a street drug that promises an out-of-body experience across dimensions.
Raven Banner's managing partners Michael Paszt and James Fler negotiated the deal with Magnolia Pictures director of international sales and distribution Natsu Furuichi.
Magnolia’s Magnet Releasing has the worldwide rights to John Dies at the End.
Coscarelli, who made his name with the classic Phantasm series as well as the cult film Bubba Ho-Tep, wrote, directed and produced the film.
John Dies at the End, which is based on a book by David Wong, was also produced by M3 Creative’s Brad Baruh, Andy Meyers and Roman Perez.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR