Berlin 2013: Swedish Thriller 'West of Liberty', Historical Drama 'The Thread' Among Books at Berlinale Event
10 acclaimed European novels whose film rights are still available will make their pitch at the Berlin Festival.
BERLIN - The breath and depth of Europe's literary scene will be on display at the Berlin Film Festival this year for its annual Books at Berlinale event in which literary agents pitch a selection of ten new works whose film rights have not yet been optioned to producers.
Agents from across Europe submitted than 80 books from 20 countries for the event, a cooperation between the Berlin Film Festival and the Frankfurt Book Fair. The final list of ten is an eclectic mix that includes West of Liberty, the first in a planned series of political thrillers from Swedish writer Thomas Engstrom; the historic drama The Thread from British writer Victoria Hislop, set in Greece in 1917; and Roxanne & George, a graphic novel from Germany's Carolin Walch
This year's Books at Berlinale event will be held on Feb. 12 at the Berlin House of Representatives as part of the Berlin Festival's co-production market.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR