Berlin 2013: Tim Robbins to Direct and Star in 'Man Under'
K5 International is shopping the project to buyers at the EFM in Berlin.
BERLIN -- Oscar-winning actor and 2013 Berlinale competition juror Tim Robbins has signed on to direct and star in Man Under, the new film from screenwriter Ann Cherkis (The Secret), which also stars Michelle Pfeiffer and Chloe Moretz.
The drama, which K5 International is pitching to international buyers at the European Film Market here, focuses on a simple family from Yonkers that becomes swept up in New York's art scene after their picture is taken by a photographer who then dies suddenly, boosting the profile of her works and their subject matter.
Alexandra Milchan (The Wolf of Wall Street) is producing Man Under through her EMJAG Productions shingle together with Scott Lambert of Film 360 and Wild Child Films' Aimee Peyronnet.
UTA Independent Film Group is handling North American rights to the project.
Robbins is represented by UTA and 3 Arts; Pfeiffer is represented by CAA, Management 360 and attorney Barry Hirsch; and Moretz is represented by WME, 3 Arts and Jackoway Tyerman.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'