Berlin: '52 Tuesdays,' Takes Berlinale's Crystal Bear for Best Youth Film
Sophie Hyde’s debut about gender transition won best director at Sundance.
52 Tuesdays, Sophie Hyde's Sundance prize-winning debut about a teenager daughter and her relationship to her mother, who is going through a female-to-male gender transition, has won the Crystal Bear for best film in the Berlin Film Festival's Generation 14plus section for children and youth titles.
Special mention went to the more experimental drama Artico from Spanish director Gabri Velazquez.
The grand prize from the Gereration 14plus international jury went to the Belgium feature Violent from director Bas Devos, with special mention going to two films: Einstein and Einstein from Chinese director Cao Baoping and Son from Danish helmer Kristoffer Kiorboe.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofía Vergara Reveals Who She Dresses Up For (VIDEO)
- Before The Beat Drops: Heavy English's 'Black Dog' Brings Back Gritty, Bluesy Rock 'N' Roll
- Watch The First Promo For Fox's Controversial New Reality Dating Show 'I Wanna Marry Harry'
- Chelsea Handler Breaks Silence On That Infamous Instagram Photo And Why Network TV Isn't For Her
- Did You Catch the Coen Brothers Easter Egg in Fargo?
- Julie Klausner Talks to Billy Eichner About Billy on the Street, Mayim Bialik, and Getting Fuse to Agree to ‘Ask a Squirter’
- Watch Nick Kroll, Paul Scheer, and NBA Stars Live-Read Space Jam
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues