Berlin: '52 Tuesdays,' Takes Berlinale's Crystal Bear for Best Youth Film
Sophie Hyde’s debut about gender transition won best director at Sundance.
52 Tuesdays, Sophie Hyde's Sundance prize-winning debut about a teenager daughter and her relationship to her mother, who is going through a female-to-male gender transition, has won the Crystal Bear for best film in the Berlin Film Festival's Generation 14plus section for children and youth titles.
Special mention went to the more experimental drama Artico from Spanish director Gabri Velazquez.
The grand prize from the Gereration 14plus international jury went to the Belgium feature Violent from director Bas Devos, with special mention going to two films: Einstein and Einstein from Chinese director Cao Baoping and Son from Danish helmer Kristoffer Kiorboe.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR