Berlin: 'Apollo 18' Director Tapped for Horror Pic 'Sanctuary'
Gonzalo Lopez-Gallego will direct the pic, which Highland Film Group is selling at the upcoming European Film Market in Berlin.
Apollo 18 director Gonzalo Lopez-Gallego will direct horror pic Sanctuary for Atlas Independent, the affiliate company of Charles Roven’s Atlas Entertainment.
Highland Film Group is handling worldwide sales and will introduce the film to international buyers at the upcoming European Film Market in Berlin in February.
From a script by Ryne Douglas Pearson, Sanctuary follows three documentarians who travel to South America to investigate a town that mysteriously disappeared from the map.
William Green and Aaron Ginsburg will produce for Atlas Independent while Richard Suckle, Unbroken Pictures’ Bryan Bertino and Adrienne Biddle will executive produce.
“We intend to make a commercial horror film with one of the leading directors of the genre at the helm," said a statement from Atlas Independent’s Green and Ginsburg.
Sanctuary marks the third collaboration between Atlas Independent and Lopez-Gallego following Open Grave and The Man on Carrion Road, which will begin production in April.
Lopez-Gallego is repped by WME, Atlas Entertainment and attorney Carlos Goodman.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues
- James Franco Calls Times Theater Critic a ‘Little Bitch’ and Suggests He Work for Gawker
- See New Photos of Hannah and Adam Together on the Next Season of Girls
- Under the Skin, Only Lovers Left Alive, and a Brief History of the Art-Horror Film