Berlin: 'Apollo 18' Director Tapped for Horror Pic 'Sanctuary'
Gonzalo Lopez-Gallego will direct the pic, which Highland Film Group is selling at the upcoming European Film Market in Berlin.
Apollo 18 director Gonzalo Lopez-Gallego will direct horror pic Sanctuary for Atlas Independent, the affiliate company of Charles Roven’s Atlas Entertainment.
Highland Film Group is handling worldwide sales and will introduce the film to international buyers at the upcoming European Film Market in Berlin in February.
From a script by Ryne Douglas Pearson, Sanctuary follows three documentarians who travel to South America to investigate a town that mysteriously disappeared from the map.
William Green and Aaron Ginsburg will produce for Atlas Independent while Richard Suckle, Unbroken Pictures’ Bryan Bertino and Adrienne Biddle will executive produce.
“We intend to make a commercial horror film with one of the leading directors of the genre at the helm," said a statement from Atlas Independent’s Green and Ginsburg.
Sanctuary marks the third collaboration between Atlas Independent and Lopez-Gallego following Open Grave and The Man on Carrion Road, which will begin production in April.
Lopez-Gallego is repped by WME, Atlas Entertainment and attorney Carlos Goodman.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'