Berlin: Dubai Film Festival Sets 2014 Dates
The organizers said the 11th edition of the event will run Dec. 10 -17 after declaring the 10th anniversary the festival’s most successful to date.
Berlin — Dubai International Film Festival (DIFF) organizers set the 11th edition of the event for Dec. 10 through 17, 2014 after declaring the 10th anniversary edition in 2013 a "banner year" for the Emirati event.
Last year’s 10th edition of DIFF held under the patronage of Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE vp and prime minister and ruler of Dubai, closed with David O. Russell’s American Hustle.
Russell, whose film is nominated for 10 Oscars, said of the event: "It's a very exciting place that feels like it’s going to get bigger and bigger. I’ve never been here before and it feels like what I would call a temple of cinema, where cinema is made special and it’s a real privilege to be
Over the past 10 years, each area of the festival has demonstrated growth with the decennial edition DIFF’s most successful year to date, with attendance growing by 150 percent since the inaugural edition in 2004.
Befitting a celebration of ten years of dedication to Arab cinema, the festival opened with Oscar nominee Omar, by Palestinian filmmaker Hany Abu-Assad which was supported by DIFF’s Enjaaz post-production grants program.
During the 2013 festival, the visiting delegation from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS) announced that DIFF has qualified as a Festival that can contribute short films for Oscar consideration.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)