Berlin: Ewan McGregor, Tye Sheridan Set to Star in 'Last Days in the Desert'
UPDATED: Rodrigo Garcia, whose credits include "Albert Nobbs," is directing the film.
Berlin – Ewan McGregor and Tye Sheridan have signed on to star in Rodrigo Garcia's Last Days in the Desert for Mockingbird Pictures and Division Films.
Ciaran Hinds and Ayelet Zurer also will star in the film. McGregor plays both a holy man and a demon on a journey through the desert. An encounter with a family struggling to survive in this harsh environment forces the holy man to confront his own fate.
The film is produced by Julie Lynn and Bonnie Curtis of Mockingbird Pictures along with Wicks Walker of Division Films, who financed the picture in collaboration with recently shingled Ironwood Entertainment, with Aspiration Media and New Balloon in association.
Last Days in the Desert is set to commence principal photography in early February in the Southern California desert.
WME Entertainment is handling domestic rights. HanWay Films is handling the film internationally, and will launch the project at Berlin's European Film Market.
"Rodrigo Garcia is an incredible filmmaker who we’ve long admired, and he’s assembled an amazing cast and crew to bring to life this epic and profound story. We’re thrilled to introduce Last Days In The Desert to our buyers at Berlin," said HanWay's Thorsten Schumacher.
McGregor is represented by UTA and United Agents; Sheridan, by WME.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR