Berlin: The Exchange Takes Sales on Sundance Comedy 'Obvious Child'
A24 picked up North American rights to the “abortion comedy” featuring “Parks and Recreation” actress Jenny Slate.
Brian O’Shea's The Exchange has nabbed international sales rights to Sundance comedy Obvious Child and will rep the title at next month's European Film Market in Berlin.
A24 paid a reported low seven figures for North American rights to the film, dubbed an “abortion comedy” and starring stand-up comedian and Parks and Recreation alum Jenny Slate.
Written and directed by first-timer Gillian Robespierre, Obvious Child stars Slate as a Brooklyn comedian who, after getting dumped and fired, finds out she is pregnant. As her date with Planned Parenthood for a scheduled abortion draws near, she must confront her doubts and fears like never before. The film also stars Jake Lacy (The Office), David Cross (Arrested Development) and Gaby Hoffmann (Crystal Fairy).
Elisabeth Holm produced Obvious Child with Robespierre and David Kaplan executive produced with Rooks Nest Entertainment, Sundial Pictures, Votiv Films and Slate.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game