Berlin: Festival Names Best First Film Jury
Italian actress Valeria Golino, American filmmaker Nancy Buirski and Argentine director Hernan Musaluppi will pick Berlin's best newcomer.
The Berlin Film Festival has picked the three-person jury that will just this year's Best First Feature Award, the debut feature prize that comes with a $70,000 (€50,000) cash bursary.
Italian actress Valeria Golino (Rain Man), American documentary filmmaker Nancy Buirski (The Loving Story) and Argentine director Hernan Musaluppi (Whisky) will pick the best newcomer among the films screening across Berlin's competition, Panorama, Generation and Perspektive Deutsche Kino sections. In total, 18 directorial debuts will be competing for the first film prize.
The cash award is shared between the producer and the director of the winning film.
The winner of this year's Best First Feature Award will be announced at the Berlin festival awards gala Feb. 15.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR