Berlin: Focus Features, Sierra/Affinity Strike Partnership
Sierra will handle select Focus titles outside the United States.
Berlin -- Formalizing its relationship with Peter Schlessel's Focus Features, Sierra/Affinity will handle select Focus titles outside of North America. The two companies first began working together last fall.
Sierra will represent foreign rights to films that don't go through Focus sister company Universal Pictures International. The official partnership commences at Berlin's European Film Market, which gets underway Thursday.
Focus Features COO Adrian Alperovich made the announcement with Sierra CEO Nick Meyer and Sierra co-president/COO Marc Schaberg.
In Berlin, Sierra will service Focus titles Black Sea, from director Kevin Macdonald, and Michael Cuesta's Kill the Messenger, both of which have been sold around the world.
“Nick and Marc and the outstanding team at Sierra/Affinity have the sales strength, global expertise and creative savvy that make them a perfect partner for Focus Features as we progress into a new era,” said Alperovich. “We’re extremely pleased to be in business with them moving forward.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR