Berlin: James Schamus, Michel Gondry and Neil Jordan to Instruct Berlinale Talents
“12 Years a Slave” production designer Adam Stockhausen and “Hannibal” producer Martha De Laurentiis will also host sessions at the Berlin film festival's mini-film school.
Storytelling for the screen – big and small – will be in focus at this year's Berlinale Talents, the one-week mini-film school that runs concurrent with the Berlin International Film Festival.
Acclaimed filmmakers James Schamus, Michel Gondry and Neil Jordan will be among the veterans instructing the group of 300 young film professionals invited to take part in this year's Talents program. Gondry and Schamus, together with screenwriters such as Tony Grisoni (Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas), actress/writer Greta Gerwig (Frances Ha) and writer/director Claudia Llosa (Aloft) will discuss the key elements of screen-friendly storytelling. Jordan, director of Showtime's The Borgias, and Hannibal producer Martha De Laurentiis will host a session exploring the challenges of creating a story for serial television.
The technical craft of filmmaking and story telling will be at the center of sessions hosted by the likes of Oscar-winning sound designer Eugene Gearty (Hugo) and the Oscar-nominated Adam Stockhausen, production designer on 12 Years a Slave and Wes Anderson’s Berlin Film Festival opener The Grand Budapest Hotel, as well as visual effects producers Pierre Buffin (Nymphomaniac) and Lucy Ainsworth-Taylor (Game of Thrones).
The 2014 Berlinale Talents runs Feb. 8-13 at the HAU Hebbel am Ufer Theater in Berlin.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead