Berlin: Josh Helman, Lincoln Lewis to Star in Aussie Thriller 'Red Billabong'
U.K. sales banner Manifest Film Sales adds a trio of titles to its sales roster as this year’s EFM kicks off.
BERLIN – Intandem Media Group’s freshly named division, Manifest Film Sales, has added three titles as EFM kicks off.
The titles include Red Billabong, starring Josh Helman (Animal Kingdom) and Lincoln Lewis (After Earth), Ricci Harnett’s British gangster movie Reign of the General and popstar-turned-actor Martin Kemp’s Top Dog.
The films add to Manifest Film Sales’ growing international sales slate, which also includes sci-fi adventure Second Origin, which stars Rachel Hurd-Wood.
The label, headed by market veterans Andrew Brown and Billy Hurman, arrives at Berlin with the fresh projects and name following a restructuring of Intandem Media Group’s interests in January, which included the launch of a digital marketing division to sit alongside its existing interests of an U.K. theatrical distribution and global sales.
Red Billabong is scheduled for a five-week shoot on the Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia, starting in late March and will feature the ‘bunyip’, a terrifying creature of legend that is said to hunt the Australian outback.
The creature effects will be created by VFX specialists Cutting Edge, the company behind Prometheus, the Harry Potter franchise, X-Men and Avengers Assemble.
Currently in preproduction, with filming due to start at the beginning of March, Reign of the General is written, directed by and stars Harnett and tells the story of British underworld boss Carlton Leach.
Kemp’s Top Dog has wrapped and is currently in postproduction. It's based on the sequel to the best-selling novel The Crew, written by Dougie Brimson. Both Top Dog and Reign of the General will be released in the U.K. later this year through Universal Pictures U.K.
Intandem Media Group CEO Robert Mitchell said: “Working with such a fantastic group of experienced and talented producers and directors, the production of these three films is just the start of what promises to be a strong slate of commercial titles from Manifest Film Sales for 2014.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack