Berlin: Lars von Trier, Shia LaBeouf to Attend 'Nymphomaniac' Premiere
The controversial Danish director — and the just-as-controversial actor — are in town for the world premiere of the director's cut of "Nymphomaniac: Volume 1."
Controversial Danish director Lars von Trier has made the trip -- in his legendary camper van -- from Copenhagen to Berlin to attend the world premiere of the director's cut of Nymphomaniac: Volume 1.
Von Trier will not be answering questions on his latest effort, a sex epic about a self-diagnosed nymphomaniac (played by Charlotte Gainsbourg), but will attend the photo call for the film this afternoon and tonight's gala premiere. The director took a "vow of silence" after comments he made at the Cannes Film Festival jokingly comparing himself to Hitler caused a huge scandal and got him (temporarily) banned.
Gainsbourg, sadly, won't be attending, but several of her Nymphomaniac co-stars, including Stellan Skarsgard, Uma Thurman, Christian Slater and Stacy Martin, will take part in today's press conference. As will Shia LaBeouf, who, thanks to his plagiarism scandal and several bizarre statements and actions since, is nearly as controversial as von Trier. Unlike the silent Dane, however, LaBeouf is scheduled to speak to reporters at the press conference for Nymphomaniac this afternoon.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer Addresses Sexual Abuse Allegations: They Are 'Outrageous' & 'Completely False'
- Elizabeth Banks Attends Screening for 'Walk of Shame', Wears Two Dresses!
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!