Berlin: Nikki Reed to Star in Horror Pic 'Email'
The story, set in Singapore, is in the vein of "The Ring" and "The Grudge."
Twilight's Nikki Reed will star in Kelvin Tong’s horror film Email for Singaporean producer Peter Poon's SPJ Enterprises.
SPJ is teaming with Zgreen Entertainment and Boku Films on the project, which Highland Film Group will launch at Berlin's upcoming European Film Market. Poon will produce alongside Zachary Green, Leon Tong and Kat Goh.
Tong is set to start shooting in May in Singapore. In the vein of The Ring and The Grudge, Email stars Reed as a young journalist who travels to Singapore to investigate the mysterious circumstances of her sister’s death and discovers a string of bizarre killings involving a cursed email. Along the way she meets Ted, an ex-pat technology reporter, and together they face the supernatural forces and unravel a mysterious conspiracy far bigger than they expected.
Jason Shuman, whose credits include horror hit The Messengers, and Lauren Selig will executive produce.
Reed has two films now in postproduction: Scout, in which she stars opposite Ellen Burstyn and Jane Seymour, and Murder of a Cat, starring Greg Kinnear, Blythe Danner and J.K. Simmons.
Reed is represented by Paradigm, Thruline Entertainment and attorney Lev Ginsburg.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR