Berlin: Open Road Acquires John Hillcoat's 'Triple Nine' for U.S.
The heist thriller will star Chiwetel Ejiofor, Casey Affleck and Kate Winslet.
Berlin – Open Road Films has acquired U.S. distribution rights to John Hillcoat's upcoming thriller Triple Nine.
The heist film, which stars Chiwetel Ejiofor, Casey Affleck and Kate Winslet, is slated to begin shooting this summer for a 2015 release.
The news comes as the European Film Market kicks off in Berlin, giving the film a nice boost as Sierra/Affinity handles international sales for select territories at the market.
Several other actors are in talks to join the film, including Fruitvale Station's Michael B. Jordan, Breaking Bad star Aaron Paul, Teresa Palmer, future Wonder Woman Gal Gadot and End of Watch's Michael Pena.
The story of Triple Nine follows a group of gang members and a corrupt cop who plan the murder of a police officer in order to pull of their biggest heist ever.
The pic is financed by Worldview, while CAA handled the domestic deal. Anonymous Content’s Steve Golin, Keith Redmon and Bard Dorros and Sierra/Infinity are producing while Paul Green is exec producing.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR