Berlin: Sam Worthington, Idris Elba Join 'Alive Alone'
Khurram Longi's directorial debut's script was listed on the Black List and the Brit list in the U.K.
BERLIN -- Sam Worthington and Idris Elba will team up with Noomi Rapace in Alive Alone, a New York-set thriller marking the directorial debut of Khurram Longi.
Elba will star as Jamal, an ex-detainee of Guantanamo Bay working as a taxi driver, and Rapace will play Sarah, a prostitute on the run from a feared crime boss. When their worlds collide, they unexpectedly find salvation in each other. Worthington will play the crime boss Murphy.
Thunder Road Pictures will make the movie which is being touted to buyers during the European Film Market by Protagonist Pictures.
Thunder Road’s Basil Iwanyk is producing with Rapace acting as executive producer. Michael Benaroya’s Benaroya Pictures is financing.
Elba is represented by WME; and Longi, Rapace and Worthington by CAA.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR