Berlin: TrustNordisk to Bring 'The Shamer's Daughter' to EFM
Danish "True Blood" actor Allan Hyde is among the ensemble of Scandinavian stars attached to the project.
TrustNordisk has snapped up international sales rights to The Shamer's Daughter, an adaptation of the first book in Lene Kaaberbol's best-selling Scandinavian fantasy franchise The Shamer Chronicles.
It will present the project to buyers at next month's European Film Market in Berlin.
Prolific Danish screenwriter Anders Thomas Jensen (In A Better World) will adapt Kaaberbol's novel for the screen, with Kenneth Kainz (Pure Hearts) attached to direct.
An ensemble of Scandinavian stars, including Peter Plaugborg (The Keeper of Lost Causes), Jakob Oftebro (Kon-Tiki), Soren Malling (Borgen), Maria Bonnevie (A Second Chance), Stina Ekblad (Love is All You Need) and Allan Hyde – the Danish actor known to True Blood fans as ancient vampire Godric – are set to star in the movie.
Shooting is set to start Feb. 27.
Nina Lyng and Eva Juel Hammerich from Nepenthe Film will produce in co-operation with Nordisk Film Distribution. Nordisk's Lone Korslund will serve as executive producer.
Kaaberbol's novel follows a teenage girl, Dina, who has unwillingly inherited her mother’s supernatural ability to look straight into other people's souls, causing them to admit to their most shameful sins. In the first book, Dina is called to uncover the truth behind a brutal triple murder and finds herself caught up in a dangerous political power struggle.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR